Sore throat is one of the most annoying conditions which is why we see a doctor and ask for some immediate assistance. Sore throat due to allergy tends to release histamine inside the body. Also a sore throat from an allergy may be the side-effect of postnasal drip, the continuous dripping of mucus behind the throat. Allergy can also be due to inhalants, be they pollens, molds, dust, etc. According to ENT specialists the process of allergy begins when a person inhales an airborne allergen, some antibodies are produced in to response of immune system. This is to ward off the substance, resulting in swelling and irritation in various parts of the body most common being the sinuses, the throat and the lungs.
These allergy reactions result in building up of mucus in the throat which causes irritation and also encourage the growth of bacteria. It is recommended to spit the mucus rather that taking it down into your throat. Because if it’s an allergic sore throat then it might not do infection, but if it continues then it can set in infection even multiplying the bacteria thus complicating the situation. Mucus starts building up and later gets worse by becoming thick and dry, making a dark place for airborne bacteria to settle and result in severe infection. The infuriating ache in throat leaves a person tired fatigued and sick sometimes. To deal with your allergic sore throat and to sooth the pain and soreness, here are some tips. Sore Throat Remedies :
• Breath moist air: – Inhaling dry hair can worsen the condition. Some people might have observed that sometimes while sleeping their mouth is left open and when you get up in the morning it pains like hell and sore throat is caused. So dry air dries up your throat leaving you irritated and n pain. You can add a humidifier in your room to add moisture in air. It is easily available.
• Gargle:- It is a very traditional and most effective method. There is no other method as effective as this one to soothe your sore throat. Take a cup of warm water and add half teaspoon of rock salt or whichever salt is available with you and gargle with it at least 3 to 5 times a day and especially before going to bed and after getting up in the morning.
• Medicine:- several pills are available in the market which you can keep in your mouth and suck it for hours. It slowly kills the bacteria and coats the throat and gives you relief. It available is several herbal flavors like honey, garlic etc.
• Talk:- during sore throat problem many people tend to speak slow, softly and very limited, which is why their condition gets worse. Because murmuring cause muscles to overwork this add pain to soreness. So the best way is to talk in a normal tone.
• Spit the mucus:- though it does not cure sore throat but it helps in treatment by not letting the infection build up. Whenever you feel mucus in your throat, try spitting it out rather than taking it into your throat.
• Recommendations:- No need of using mouthwash, there are chances of alcohol and other astringents being present in mostly all the mouthwash. It will only make the problem bigger rather than reducing it. Drink green tea as it is full of antioxidants. If the problem of you sore throat persists for long time or is getting worse after all the treatments then you should consult a doctor.
A sore throat can be the first sign of a cold, a side effect of strained vocal cords, or an indication of something more serious (like strep throat). And in this condition home made sore throat remedies is always a better options.