SEASON CHANGE!! Scratchiness in your throat? Discomfort while swallowing?? If yes, you are suffering from sore throat, a very common problem that can be painful and annoying at times.
A sore throat usually has following symptoms:
• Muffled voice
• Pain that causes difficulty in swallowing
• Dry throat
• Scratchy sensation in your throat
• A running nose
• Muscle aches
• Inflammation ( redness and swelling) in your throat
And just when you realize that you are going through one of the above symptoms, you are suffering from a sore throat.
WHAT CAUSES SORE THROAT?
A sore throat is mainly caused due the Viral infection or Bacterial infection. Most of the sore throats are caused due to viral infection and do not respond easily to the medication. This kind of sore throat usually comes along with flu, common cold, fever, running nose. A bacterial sore throat is caused due to bacteria called Streptococcus which causes an infection in the throat that leads to difficulty in swallowing and even speaking. A sore throat caused due to these bacteria is therefore named as Strep throat. Such kind of sore throats do not respond to the naturally homemade Sore Throat Remedies but needs to be cured using antibiotics.
WHAT A FACT!!!
Statistics reveal that nearly 70% of the sore throat disappears on its own with the help of Sore Throat Remedies that can be arranged at home.
ANTIBIOTICS – A BIG NO!! SWITCH ON TO SOME
HOMEMADE SORE THROAT REMEDIES
Antibiotics are not usually recommended when you have a sore throat until and unless its severe and you are on a verge of some serious infection. If a sore throat is not that major, following Sore Throat Remedies can be of great help in curing a sore throat:
• Put a tablespoon of salt or a pinch of garlic in a glass of lukewarm water and gargle for at least 4-5 times a day.
• Instead of using water while gargling, you can use beta-dine.
• Hot lemonade mixed with honey gives you an instant relief.
• Ginger and Honey for Sore Throat – You can also have 1 spoon of honey mix with ginger juice. But it should be taken once a day because it’s very strong.
• A warm cup of herbal tea can provide immediate soothing relief to your throat.
• Soup has an added benefit when you are sick. While in sore throat you cannot swallow or chew food easily, soups are the best that you can have while having a sore throat.
A freshly made chicken soup is considered to be one of the best Sore Throat Remedies .
“The sodium in the Broth has anti-inflammatory property”- An expert
• According to anecdotal reports, modern-day marshmallows can help ease sore throat pain, possibly because the gelatin coats and soothes.
SALVATION LIES WITHIN- SELF CARE TIPS:
Other than the Sore Throat Remedies mentioned above, you can use the following self care tips:
• Avoid eating or drinking hot stuff as it may irritate your throat.
• Avoid smoking.
• Drink enough water
• Gargle regularly
“The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.” – Voltaire